Monday 3 February 2014

A big change


Recently, I have made a really big decision about blogging. As a lot of you know, I now work full time as the manager of a children's play area and a bowling alley. I tend to work about 40-50 hours a week and I'm out of the house from 8:15 to 18:00 five days a week. By the time I get home and have dinner etc., it's quite late on and I haven't felt like doing much at all and that includes reading. 

I have all of these review books sitting here in my living room and they are making my feel incredibly guilty at the minute as I'm not reading them. I have had enough reviews written to keep me going recently but I'm quickly running out of reviews to write as I haven't read many books recently. 

So here comes my hard decision. It isn't that I'm quitting blogging completely but I have decided that I will no longer take review copies. I feel so guilty for not having reviewed so many books recently so taking more would be extremely unfair. I am so thankful to the publishers for sending me the review copies and I will still be reviewing them, just at a slower pace. At the minute, blogging and reading feels like something I have to do which has taken a lot of the fun out of things. I haven't been on Twitter for the longest time and I no longer feel a part of the blogging community. 

So, from today onwards, I will still be posting but for as and when, I have no idea really. I will slowly work on the backlog of review books I have and once I get them down to a more manageable level, I may take review books again but I don't think that will be for quite some time. I have no idea how I managed to keep up and read as much as I did while I was at university!

No comments:

Post a Comment