Monday 20 April 2015

NA review: Trust In Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Trust In Me
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Wait For You
Acquired: Bouught
Genre: New Adult
Publisher: William Morrow & Company
Release date: 26th November 2013

When Cameron Hamilton wants something, he's used to getting it, especially when it comes to women. But, when Avery Morgansten literally crashes into him, she does not fall for his charm and his amazing blue eyes. She's different and he wants her. Now, if only he can get her to admit that she wants him too. 

Review
Trust In Me is a retelling of the first book in this series, Wait For You which was one of the books that got me hooked on the new adult genre. It seems that a lot of books are told from the female's point of view so I couldn't wait to read this from a male perspective. I really liked Cam in the original book but I felt like I was missing quite a lot from him.

Cam is a confident guy and definitely someone who goes for what he wants. Avery Morgansten comes crashing into his life and she's very unexpected. The minute they run into one another, he can't get her out of his head and it frustrates him that she doesn't seem affected by him at all. Avery is like no one else he's ever been with and it seems like she won't ever be interested in him either. I really liked reading about how Cam felt about Avery and how he couldn't get her out of his head. This is exactly what I was missing in Wait For You. 

However, I didn't think that Trust In me added much else to the original story. There are a couple of additional scenes which were great but I didn't feel like I was reading something new. This was really unfortunate because I was looking forward to this book so much. I think that a retelling should be able to work as a stand-alone, which this one does but it should also have something to offer readers of the original book. I read Wait For You a long time ago though (2013) so I really didn't remember too much about the story. In this case, I didn't mind re-reading the story but if I had read these books closer together, I would have been even more disappointed. 

Trust In Me is a nice addition to the series although it could have been much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment