Tuesday 27 August 2013

A few changes...

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been around much recently. Not around as much on the blog and definitely not around much at all on Twitter. I actually can't remember the last time I spent more than 10-15 minutes on Twitter and had a good chat about books with everyone. 

During the last few weeks I have started a new job. For the first time in years, I'm working full time and now have the title of Family Entertainment Centre Manager. Let me just say, this new job is A LOT! Not only is going from part time to full time a big change but this is also my first manager job. I've been either assistant manager or supervisor for the past god knows how many years but this is my big step up the ladder. However, there is so much to learn and it's taking its toll on me and my reading time. 

Truth be told, I'm coming home exhausted every night at the minute. After coming home and making dinner, it's usually around 8pm by time I get to sit down and really relax. I just haven't felt like reading during that relaxing time though which makes me extremely sad. How I ever kept up the blog during uni and working part time at the time same I'll never know. 

At the same time though, I really miss blogging as much as I normally do but something has to give. I've made the decision to only blog as and when I feel like it for a little while until things calm down a bit and I get into a better routine of doing things. I have a TBR pile that covers multiple shelves and it just isn't getting any smaller. So, with that, I've also decided to really cut back on the review books I take at the minute. Publishers, if I'm not replying to bulletin emails at the minute it's because I don't want to take books I don't desperately want to read. I'm so behind with review books as it is and I want to get around to reading most of them first before taking huge piles of new releases. 

I will still be posting the odd review every week and hopefully in October I should be back to normal. I also have my wedding coming up at the end of September so I'd really like to have a bit of a break from now until then and let everything get back to normal. I also want to get back to writing more discussion posts and writing more about other things about books and films because at the minute I feel like I'm just scheduling reviews and not doing much else. 

Hopefully you all stay with me during this little break and I can't wait to get back to being around more in a couple on months when things settle down again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment