Thursday 20 November 2014

A book-less Christmas



It seems a bit strange to be writing this. I think this year may be the first in at least 5 years that I probably won't be getting any books for Christmas. I don't think I've even read the books that John got me last Christmas. If I'm honest, I don't even know where they are. You see, when we moved house a lot of my unread books went up in the loft and I've only left about 15 downstairs. If they were all down here they would probably over take my living room and it's a big room! 

I've never gotten loads of books for Christmas mainly because I've had so many to read already and no one ever knew what to buy me. Still though, John would try to get me one or two from my Amazon wishlist. My wishlists are probably really out of date now though and could probably do with being cleared out. If I haven't bought anything from it in a year then I probably don't want to read them enough. I do have a buy first list though which is quite current (full of Abbi Glines' books) so he does have some kind of option. I don't think he'll bother this year though as I've only read a couple of books in the last half of the year. 

So, no book shaped presents for me this year for the first time in a long time. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't normally get any books for Christmas. Like, ever. I think last year was one of the first times because I had so few present ideas on my list :) Normally I'd get money from my MIL which I'd use to buy books with after Christmas...

    ReplyDelete