Wednesday 2 October 2013

Guest Post: Top 5 Favourite Book Couples From 2013 by Jessica


When I need a recommendation on a book, especially New Adult books, Jess from Jess Hearts Books is someone I know I can always turn to. We have very similar taste in books and I know if she says I'll love something, I will love it! 

In the theme of love this week, Jess has written a fabulous guest post about her top couples from 2013 books. So, over to Jess!

Firstly, I want to say thank you to Lyndsey for having me on her wonderful blog today! And secondly I want to congratulate her on her marriage! To celebrate the happy occasion today I’ll be sharing with you my top five favourite new book couples that I’ve discovered from books I’ve read in 2013. I’ve read some really romantic books this year so it was hard picking just five but these are the ones that have made my heart swell and have had me swooning the most this year, in no particular order.

Crash (Crash, #1)Lucy and Jude (from Crash, Clash and Crush by Nicole Williams)
I actually picked up this book thanks to Lyndsey (we have similar taste in NA!) so I have her to thank for introducing me to this couple. For Lucy and Jude the odds are really against them but no matter what life throws at them they always find a way back to each other. Their romance really hit my heart and I was obsessed with this series and read it back to back earlier this year.

Addie and Trevor (from Pivot Point by Kasie West)
Addie and Trevor are another couple that life just keeps getting in the way of! (I think I must enjoy this type of love story!) Although this romance isn’t as steamy as Lucy and Jude’s it is very, very sweet. I wanted them together from beginning to end and I can’t wait to see what happens in the next book!

Allyson and Willem (from Just One Day by Gayle Forman)
I never thought I’d love a couple who fall in love in just one day with insta-love being a pet peeve of mine. But Gayle Forman filled this book with gorgeous moments set in Paris that had me fully behind this couple. I completely believed that after this one magical day together that this couple are meant to be. Just One Day is without doubt one of my favourite books of this year.

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)Callie and Kayden (from The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden and The Redemption of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen)
This is another NA book that Lyndsey and I both love! I still remember us raving over it at the start of this year. Callie and Kayden have such damaged pasts and they find peace and happiness with one another. They are each other’s safety and home. I absolutely loved The Coincidence and have Redemption on my Kindle ready to read very soon!

Eleanor and Park (from Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell)
These two are simply adorable! What I loved about Eleanor and Park is that it is such a realistic romance between two ordinary teenagers. It’s about imperfect characters that are a little bit nerdy and a little bit awkward falling in love for the first time. This book reminded me of how it felt to fall in love for the first time as a teenager and bought all those memories back.

So there you have it! Five of my new favourite romances that I’ve discovered this year. Would any of these make your top 5? And if not who would?

Apart from Pivot Point which I haven't read, I couldn't agree more with Jess' choices. I have loved the couples from these books and I have to say, quite a few would definitely be in my own top five! 

No comments:

Post a Comment